The primary role of the Process Artisan is operation of the process area according to work instructions, the execution of non- destructive quality checks and carrying out of routine maintenance. The process artisan has a primary focus on the asset care activities of the team.
Minimum N5 Mechanical Millwright Trade test qualification
Knowledge and experience of working in a production environment particularly in FMCG
Output and Accountabilities
Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations. This will include standby and day shift support.
Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving. This must be undertaken in support of the process artisan.
Where requested, provide guidance and advice to the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes.
Where requested, provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams take part, as functional expert, in regional and central office plant optimisation trials.
Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required.
Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner.
Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feedback to the maintenance planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritising outstanding work.
Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks during planned maintenance windows.
Partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learnings from maintenance activities.
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule. Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
- If required, additional resources may be called in to assist. Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the Technician in accordance with the CM schedule.
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs.
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action. Where required, specialist assistance
may be called in. This may include internal resources such as Instrument Technicians, or external resources such as Contractors or Suppliers.
- Where repairs indicate that major work is required, such as re-wiring a motor, this must be transferred to the engineering workshop for attention. Verify that where running repairs have been carried out, this has addressed the problem.
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the Technician has carried out This includes all SAP inputs.
- Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicate this to the Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned window.
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem solving approach to resolve. Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Engineer for direction.
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request. Take part, as functional expert, in FFA’s on request.
HOUSEKEEPING AND SAFETY
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected.
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate SAB policies and procedures. Carry out
housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties.
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.