South West Gauteng TVET College
Company: South West Gauteng TVET College
Job Title: General Assistants
Location: Soweto, Gauteng
Closing Date: 19 March 2021
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains a clean working environment for college employees by thoroughly cleaning designated office areas.
- Keeps premises acceptably clean at all times by continually inspecting and tidying up office areas.
- Performs general cleaning in and around the building to ensure upkeep. Reports damages to equipment and building to Human Resource Specialist for purposes of maintenance.
- Undertakes thorough cleaning of the office areas seasonally to maintain hygienic conditions.
- Assists to carry files from the storerooms as and when required.
- Cleans the fridge to maintain proper hygiene.
- Washes dishes and cleans kitchen to maintain hygienic conditions.
- Prepares refreshments for meetings and visitors at stipulated times.
- Reports damages / loss of kitchen equipment, crockery and utensils to Human Resource Specialist.
- Thoroughly cleans toilets and wash basins utilising cleaning material each morning
- Inspects and tidies up restrooms throughout the day to prevent unsanitary conditions.
- Makes available sufficient supplies in the restrooms by constantly checking and refilling dispensers.
- Makes sure that all soap and toilet paper dispensers are in working order
- Makes sure that taps are properly closed to prevent water wastage.
- Reports leaking taps and toilets to Human Resource Specialist to prevent water wastage.
- Reports shortages of cleaning supplies and equipment to Human Resource Specialist in advance to prevent interruption of work duties.
- Grade 10
- Matric certificate will be an advantage.
- 1 years’ experience will be an advantage
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on Form Z83 (Download Here) and must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV (with 3 contactable references) and certified copies of all qualifications, ID document and driver’s license. All copies must be originally certified and certification must not be older than 6 months
Failure to sign Z83 Form and submit requested documents will result in your application not being considered
Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, qualifications verification)
Applications should be hand delivered or posted to the address below:
The Human Resources Unit | South West Gauteng TVET College | 1822a Molele Street, cnr Koma Road | Molapo | Soweto|1818
South West Gauteng TVET College | Human Resource Unit | Private Bag X33 | Tshiawelo | 1818
Any queries may be directed to Mr. Tebogo Mophaleng, Ms. Mmatshepo Santho or Ms. Nqobile Zondi on 010 141 1067/1035/1037