Location: Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal, ZA, 3900
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
The purpose of the role is to provide specialist advice and ensure asset integrity is managed and maintained over the life cycle of the assets; maintain a healthy asset integrity plan that actively addresses asset integrity, obsolescence, and end-of-life of assets; inform the capital plan for asset replacement strategy and asset improvement; and to ensure that changes to equipment and plant follows the set change management process.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree / BTech / National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4years’ experience in Plant Maintenance and Equipment Reliability;
- Experience in Managing Stakeholders, Consultants and Service Provides is essential;
- Experience in setting up projects from condition assessment, initiation up to execution (feasibility) stage is essential;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in conducting site inspections, condition assessments, compliance audits, and producing quality technical reports is essential;
- Experience in Asset Care Plan development using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) process is essential;
- Experience in the extracting and analyzing ERP information (using the BI tools) is essential;
- Good understanding of Risk Management Processes for Criticality analysis is essential;
- Experience in setting of plant standards is essential;
- Experience in developing and optimizing asset life cycle strategies; calculating Life Cycle Costing (LCC) is advantageous;
- Experience working on Reliability block diagram modelling; Component reliability modelling is advantageous;
- Design experience within a heavy industry, materials handling, or mining environment is advantageous;
- Experience in Six Sigma Analytical techniques is advantageous;
- Certified Asset Management Practitioner (CAMP) is advantageous;
- Registered with an ECSA is advantageous;
- Project management professional (PMP) is advantageous.
- Establish and ensure adherence to systems, processes and standards for the maintenance of dynamic / life cycle data relating to assets and asset systems;
- Establish and maintain systems and processes that ensure application of reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM) concepts and design requirements for new and existing assets;
- Establish and maintain systems and processes that manage asset and asset systems risk due to unreliability as related to health, safety, environment, operations, quality, regulatory compliance and cost;
- Create and maintain total cost of ownership models in order to identify low reliability, high maintainability assets / components / tasks, initiate improvement projects;
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of all asset care plans, corrective task lists and work instructions for existing assets and assets systems;
- Evaluate asset investment proposals, preliminary design concepts, system engineering block diagrams and uses RAM Analysis to provide total cost of ownership models.
- Responsible for the development of all asset care plans, corrective task lists and work instructions for assets and assets systems prior to commissioning.
(Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups)