Location: Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal, ZA, 3900
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
To project manage & deliver a Hillside capital portfolio in accordance to company relevant policies, processes, standards and performance targets for HSEC, Quality, Time and Cost.
- Serious contenders will have a Completed N6 or Completed S4 National Diploma (includes 1 year Practical Training) in Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering / Process Engineering) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a heavy industry;
- 2 years and more experience in Engineering Capital Project Management is essential;
- 2 Years and more experience within a Production / Production Planning area is essential;
- In Depth knowledge of procedures and concepts within engineering functional area is essential;
- In Depth understanding of Engineering Designs and Drawings is essential;
- In Depth understanding of Construction regulations and Construction Management is essential;
- 2 years and more working experience on SAP is essential;
- Qualification in Project management e.g Project Management Professional (PMP) is advantageous.
- Provide input into the Modifications and Small Projects portfolio and related budgets, plans and schedules;
- Support feasibility studies, cost-benefits analyses, impact assessments and project business cases to obtain project approvals;
- Project manage the allocated approved Modifications and Small Projects to the defined scope, budget, schedule, standards, and specifications and in accordance with relevant processes and standards for SOUTH32 /Operation;
- Verify Modifications & Small Projects employees and contractors adhere to work standards, are competent, and understand the purpose and functionality of critical controls relevant to their work.
- Ensure that allocated modifications and small projects are executed in compliance to SOUTH32/Hillside requirements and relevant internal and external standards;
- Take shared accountability for the performance of the Modifications & Small Projects team, promote operational discipline in work execution, ensure quality of completed tasks, and enhance technical knowledge of other team members.
- Requires detailed knowledge of procedures and concepts in own functional area and limited knowledge of other functions. Stakeholder engagement: collaborated with a small group of internal stakeholders on middle management level roles.
(Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups)